Siccaro products are as easy to maintain as they are to use. You do not need to wash the products after each use, unless you feel it is necessary. You can therefore easily use the drying coat for the dog a few times or use it on several dogs before it needs to be washed. The Sahara drying boots can also be used on several horse legs in a row.
If you are in doubt about how you should wash, we have created a small 7-step guide here, which applies to all drying coats for dogs and drying products for horses, as well as the outer layer of the FlexDog mat.
- Wash in the washing machine or by hand at only 30 degrees
- It is important to use a short wash cycle
- Avoid soaking for too long
- Use washing powder without enzymes for best results. They may be marked with 'non bio' and are recommended for natural fabric types. If you don't have that type of washing powder, you can still use ordinary washing powder as the next best solution
- Stretch after washing while the fabric is still wet (as with a wool sweater) to reduce shrinkage
- Run a gentle cycle in the dryer or wring out the water and hang to dry; due to the fibers of the viscose, some shrinkage must be expected (approx. 5%)
- Avoid drying directly in the sun to preserve the color as best as possible
Bonus tip: The Wet2Dry fabric will achieve maximum absorbency after a few times of washing and drying.
Siccaro's products are made with the Wet2Dry technology, which consists of two layers. The inner layer is a specially designed non-woven viscose blend optimized for maximum absorbency and durability. You can read more about Wet2Dry here: https://siccaro.com/pages/wet2dry-technology
If you experience damaged ClickLock buckles, for example because your dog chews on a buckle (it happens more often than you might think!), then you can always buy replacement buckles on our website.